Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries with Almond Cream is a perfect summer dessert. It requires no cooking so there is no need to heat up your kitchen. It can be prepared start to finish in less than 10 minutes. Fresh strawberries are one of my favorite things about summer. Whether you pick them from your own back yard garden, find them growing wild, or purchase them from the farmer’s market, this recipe is sure to please both young and old alike.
I love desserts but I’m not a huge fan of cakes, cookies and pies. They are often very high in both sugar and carbohydrates. Those watching their sugar or their waistline would probably prefer to snack on something a little bit healthier. To turn this into a dish fit for a patriotic celebration, I added a few blueberries into the dessert to make it red, white, and blue.
Fresh Strawberries And Blueberries with Almond Cream
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/4 slivered or finely chopped almonds
- 2 cups strawberries rinsed
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part skim is fine)
- 2 tbsp sugar or Stevia to taste
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Hull the strawberries. Slice them and divide them between four bowls.
- Sprinkle the blueberries evenly into the bowls with the strawberries.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the sugar or the Stevia and the almond extract until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add a spoonful of the ricotta cheese mixture to each bowl.
- Sprinkle the slivered or finely chopped almonds over the top of each.
If you do not have blueberries, you can either leave them out of the dessert or substitute blackberries instead. To save time, hull and slice the strawberries ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until it is dessert time. Then, simply pour the fruit into bowls, add the ricotta mixture and sprinkle with almonds.
What’s your favorite way to eat fresh strawberries?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.