Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Washi tape gift card holder is the perfect upcycled Christmas craft. Now that the kids are older, Christmas shopping is a bit different. They don’t want toys for Christmas any longer. They tend to want gift cards, money, and technology. At 18 and 22, I’ve come to accept the fact that it’s easier for me to give them a gift card to their favorite clothing store rather than try to buy them clothes.
Easy Washi Tape Gift Card Holder
Because I don’t want just wrap up a gift card and place it under the tree, I decided to make this easy Washi tape gift card holder instead. It’s easy to make and relatively festively looking. It’s the perfect size to hold a gift card and it doesn’t cost $5 like the ones you can buy in the store.
- Paper towel roll or toilet paper rolls
- Red, green or Christmas themed Washi tape
- Ribbon, twine or yarn
- Gift card
- Cut a piece of the paper towel roll to be about the size of a toilet paper roll.
- Flatten it and crease very lightly.
- Open the ends up slightly and fold in the ends to meet in the middle on both sides.
- Carefully wrap with Washi tape
- Place the gift card inside.
- Tie the ends closed (the long way) with ribbon, yarn or twine.
For more fun craft ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Washi tape gift card holder by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- How to create a Christmas snowflake by TigerStrypes Blog
- DIY holiday lightbulb ornaments by B is 4
- Pipe cleaner dolls by Girly Creations
- Mini Winter Scene by Immutable Ramblings
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.