Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summers are hectic for me and probably for you too. We like to go out on day trips when the weather is nice. I spend more time outside in the yard and going for hikes around town. The kids always seem to need to go somewhere and we like to take a few local vacations. All of these things can make a regular exercise routine a bit challenging. This post is sponsored by Lunchbox.
Easy Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
There are a few easy exercises you can do anywhere that I rely on even when I’m busy. Just because you cannot get to the gym doesn’t mean that you can’t do a few easy exercises. Take a little bit of time and walk instead of taking the elevator or the stairs. Park toward the far end of the parking lot when you’re shopping. Even baby steps will take you closer to your goal.
- Try Desk Squats – At the top of each hour, do 20 desk squats. Just stand at your desk. Put your arms out in front of you and squat until you are seated. Repeat 20 times and you’ll feel the workout in your thighs.
- Warm Up Stretches – Bend your left knee and gently stretch to the side, keeping your back straight and your hands on your knee. Repeat on the right side. Repeat the set until limber.
- Runner’s Stretch – Bend forward with your arms in front and stretch until you touch your toes. Hold the position and stand up straight slowly. Repeat until limber.
- Jumping Jacks – This is a classic but a great way to get moving in the morning. Try a set of 10 and repeat each hour.
- Hand Weights – Even traveling, it’s a simple matter of adding a few light hand weights into your suitcase. Store them under your desk at work or in the car when you’re on the go.
Take the 6-week GET MOVING SUMMER FITNESS CHALLENGE with Degree® and Celebrity Trainer and Transformation Pro, Chris Powell. Chris will take you through a series of simple exercises that can be done anywhere, anytime. He’ll provide easy tips to help you incorporate fitness into your daily routine so you can get moving.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.