Last Updated on July 16, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Wondering how to make a lip balm holder? Check out this easy DIY Chapstick Holder you can make to give lip balm or lipstick as a gift.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy DIY Lip Balm Holder
Think of all the times in your life you want to thank people for doing something nice. What about the mailman who delivers all those boxes to your door in the rain? How about your child’s bus driver who always has a smile for them in the morning? Maybe the lady at the grocery store with a full cart that let you go first because you only had two items?
There are a lot of people in my life who make my day a little bit brighter by doing something nice. I decided I wanted to have something small on hand to thank them for their kindness.
Since we’re heading into winter here in Vermont, the one thing I always have on hand is lip balm. My lips get dry so easily and in the winter, I end up with chapped lips which I really don’t like. I decided to make this easy DIP Lip Balm Holder to hold a Burt’s Bees Lip Balm.
I love Burt’s Bees products because I trust the ingredients. Their lip balms are 100% natural and include things like Beeswax, Vitamin E, Peppermint and Coconut Oil. There are no parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals. Natural products are the best for my family and our planet.
Burt’s Bees stands for things that are important to me like no animal testing. This year is their 30th anniversary. They believe in making sustainable choices and I love their Wild for Bees program.
They support projects that promote honeybee health and sustainable agriculture. Given their love for the honeybees and the fact that their lip balms contain beeswax, they were the perfect choice for my DIY lip balm holder craft.
- 4 coordinating colors of card stock
- Matching ribbon
- Glue dots
- Scissors or personal cutter
- Rubber stamps & ink
- Bee scrapbook stickers
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
- Cut the brown card stock into 5 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ pieces.
- Score roughly at 2 1/2″ and 3 1/4″
- Cut the inside white card stock and the outside honeycomb card stock in 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
- Cut the yellow card stock 5 1/4″ x 3″
- Score all of the pieces to fit together properly. Keep track of which goes with which so it’s easier to assemble them.
- Stamp the inside “thank you” and the outside bee. Let the ink dry.
- Cut the ribbon in 12 1/2″ pieces & glue to the outside of the brown card stock. Let dry.
- Glue on the honeycomb card stock and the yellow card stock on the outside.
- Glue on the white card stock on the inside. Apply the bee sticker.
- Let dry completely.
- Apply 2 glue dots on the inside fold of the DIY lip balm holder and stick the Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm inside.
- Tie shut.
This easy DIY Lip Balm Card is a simple craft that you can use as a stocking stuffer, Halloween hand out, teacher gift, or party favor. You can change the theme of the holder with different card stock, ribbon and rubber stamps.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.