Last Updated on October 1, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Cupcake crafts let me enjoy all the cuteness of cupcakes without any of the calories. I love making my own note cards. Make this easy cupcake card.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sometimes I use them for birthday cards or other types of greeting cards. Sometimes I use them to send a quick note to my Grandmother who is in a nursing home.
One of the things I struggle with is cutting out neat shapes. I obviously didn’t pay enough attention to scissor cutting class in elementary school. I recently received a Fiskars XXXX-Large Circle Lever Punch and it has totally changed the way I am crafting.
No more trying to cut out the perfect circle. This lever punch makes perfect 3.5″ diameter circles every time.
How To Make A Cupcake Card
- 3 different color pieces of heavy card stock
- blank note card with envelope
- Fiskars XXXX-Large Circle Lever Punch
- personal cutting board
- tiny beads for sprinkles
- Cut out two circles from two different color pieces of heavy card stock using the Fiskars XXXX-Large Circle Lever Punch
- Cut out a 2″ x 12″ piece of card stock in the third color.
- Scallop the edges of the two circles so that they look like frosting is dripping down. See picture.
- Fan fold the 2″ x 12″ piece of cardstock.
- Pinch bottom slightly and glue to the card stock. This is the bottom of the cupcake.
- Layer the top two frosting pieces and glue on top of the fan fold piece.
- Attach tiny beads for sprinkles with glue or draw them on with markers if you would rather.
- Decorate the rest of the cupcake card the way you like. You can layer scrapbook paper for background or simply glue it directly on the note card.
- Add whatever sayings you want to the card depending on how you will use it.
Why not make football party invitations next?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
18 thoughts on “Cupcake Crafts: How To Make A Cupcake Card”