This post about cupcake crafts was inspired by a product provided for review. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine and mine alone. Cupcake crafts let me enjoy all the cuteness of cupcakes without any of the calories. I love making my own note cards. Sometimes I use them for birthday cards or other types of greeting cards. Sometimes I use them to send a quick note to my Grandmother who is in a nursing home. One of the things I struggle with is cutting out neat shapes. I obviously didn’t pay enough attention to scissor cutting class in elementary school. I recently received a Fiskars XXXX-Large Circle Lever Punch and it has totally changed the way I am crafting. No more trying to cut out the perfect circle. This lever punch makes perfect 3.5″ diameter circles every time.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make A Cupcake Card
- 3 different color pieces of heavy card stock
- blank note card with envelope
- Fiskars XXXX-Large Circle Lever Punch
- personal cutting board
- tiny beads for sprinkles
- Cut out two circles from two different color pieces of heavy card stock using the Fiskars XXXX-Large Circle Lever Punch
- Cut out a 2″ x 12″ piece of card stock in the third color.
- Scallop the edges of the two circles so that they look like frosting is dripping down. See picture.
- Fan fold the 2″ x 12″ piece of cardstock.
- Pinch bottom slightly and glue to the card stock. This is the bottom of the cupcake.
- Layer the top two frosting pieces and glue on top of the fan fold piece.
- Attach tiny beads for sprinkles with glue or draw them on with markers if you would rather.
- Decorate the rest of the cupcake card the way you like. You can layer scrapbook paper for a background or simply glue it directly on the note card.
- Add whatever sayings you want to the card depending on how you will use it.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.