Last Updated on December 8, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Looking for a cranberry juice detox water? This is the recipe that I use for my bladder cleanse detox. Make a glass of this cranberry detox water today.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cranberry Juice Detox Water
Bladder health is one of those things that I never really gave much thought to when I was younger. I’ve found that you take a lot of things for granted before the age of 35 or so. As I age, I seem to notice more and more things that I’ve never paid attention to before, like where the closest bathroom is “just in case.”
Are cranberries good for bladder health?
Cranberries are one of the best foods we can eat for bladder health but they aren’t the only food. Blueberries and dark green leafy vegetables like spinach are also healthy foods to eat for bladder health. Of course, it’s not just about what you do, it’s about what you shouldn’t do as well.
How to support bladder health
- Limit both caffeine and alcohol as they can both be irritating to your bladder.
- Chocolate, spicy foods, citrus and citrus juices can also have an irritating effect on some people.
- Load up on non-acidic fruits like blueberries and dark green leafy vegetables like spinach.
- Avoid drinking too much water when getting to a bathroom quickly may be an issue.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Extra weight puts extra pressure on your bladder.
- Exercise regularly including Kegel exercises to strengthen bladder muscles.
- Quit smoking. It’s bad for you.
- Try meditation or yoga to control stress. Stress can aggravate bladder issues.
Is cranberry juice good for a juice cleanse?
Yes, as long as it is not sweetened. Start the day off each morning with a glass of this cranberry juice detox water. I take a shortcut and use a detox teabag along with the other ingredients.
If you’d like to start from the beginning, feel free to create your own detoxing herbal tea blend. This apple cinnamon water is also a great choice.
I was recently invited to go on a hike with friends but I knew that I couldn’t be away from a bathroom for that long. AZO Bladder Control with Go-Less may help reduce the urge to go to the bathroom with naturally-sourced ingredients like pumpkin seed extract.
- Pumpkin seed extract may help support bladder control by toning the muscles and maintaining the strength of the detrusor and sphincter muscles to promote normal function.
- Soy germ may support healthy control by sustaining the bladder muscle and pelvic floor.
You’re not the only one that experiences the occasional urgency to go and you don’t have to let it stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
- 1 tbsp 100% cranberry juice - not cocktail - no sugar added
- 2 cups water
- 1 detox tea bag
- 1 tbsp blueberries
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- stevia (optional if you like it sweeter)
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add tea bag.
- Steep for 7 minutes and remove tea bag.
- Add remaining 1 cup of water, cranberry juice, blueberries and fresh spinach.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.