Last Updated on July 18, 2021 by Ellen Christian
Spring means it’s time for asparagus! While my parents grow some on their land, I headed to the grocery store for ours and was lucky enough to find it marked down. Whether you grow your own asparagus or not, you need to try it in this asparagus recipe! It’s very simple to make and literally took me less than ten minutes to get it into the oven. It tastes like you spent a lot more time on it than you did.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Asparagus & Parmesan Pastries
6 tablespoons mascarpone (Italian sweet cheese) about half a small container
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (use fresh if you’d rather)
1/2 tablespoon dried basil (use fresh if you have it)
1 sheet of puff pastry (my box has 2 sheets in it)
at least 8 spears of asparagus
zest of half a lemon
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 400F
- Carefully roll out one mostly frozen puff pastry sheet & cut in half.
- Pinch the outside edges to make a slight border
- Mix mascarpone, parmesan, basil, and lemon juice
- Spread half the mixture on each half of the puff pastry.
- Cut the asparagus spears to fit on the puff pastry.
- Toss the asparagus spears with the olive oil.
- Arrange asparagus on top of the mascarpone.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Let cool for 2 minutes & serve.
I had one for dinner and it was amazing. You could easily cut it in slices for an appetizer or have half with a salad for lunch. This is a great way to use up any extra asparagus. If you’re looking for more asparagus recipes, try this delicious looking Easy Frittata Recipe from East 9th Street. What’s your favorite asparagus recipe? Do you grow your own or find it at the store?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.