Everyone gets up at a different time at my house. I’m up at 5:30. My son is up at 6:30. My daughter is up at 9:30 and so on. It’s not like I can get everyone up at one time and make one breakfast. I have people wandering in and out of the kitchen all morning looking for something to eat and I do not have time to make breakfast four times a day.
Overnight Oats Recipe with Yogurt
Yes, I could make muffins or a quick bread but that’s difficult to do since Sarah is gluten intolerant. She needs a gluten free breakfast but not everyone enjoys the taste of gluten free breads and baked goods. Thankfully, I can buy gluten free oats at the grocery store to make this overnight oats recipe with yogurt. Please be certain your oats actually say gluten free as many brands are cross contaminated with gluten and are not gluten free.
I was inspired to make this overnight oats recipe with yogurt as part of the #PinterestRemakes group. The original pin used strawberry jam which I don’t have so I substituted fresh chopped strawberries instead. It helps keep the sugar content down as well. I also left out the chia seeds since I don’t have any and cannot find them at the grocery store locally.
- ½ c. rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
- ⅔ c. milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 small banana, mashed
- Mix all the ingredients in a Mason jar, cover with a lid, and allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, stir in the desired mix-ins and enjoy.
I used strawberries and bananas in my recipe but you can easily change the fruit and use whatever is in season: raspberries, blueberries, chopped apple, applesauce, chopped pears, etc. Use what you have available locally to keep the cost down.
This makes one serving so simply double or triple the recipe to feed everyone. You can customize each one by adding different fruits and different sweeteners. If you like your oatmeal sweet, you can add some raw honey or real maple syrup to it as well.
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Overnight Oats Recipe with Yogurt by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- DIY Serving Tray by Homemaking Hacks
- Pumpkin Mini Baked Donuts Recipe with Apple Sauce by Our Family World
- DIY Whipped Body Butter by My So Called Balanced Life
- DIY Skin Detox Body Scrub by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos by Better in Bulk
- Apple Nachos with Peanut Butter and Chocolate by Mom Always Finds Out
- Pinterest Inspired Bud Vase – A Simple DIY Craft by Three Different Directions
- DIY Spring Clothespin Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Oatmeal Energy Balls Recipe by Sweep Tight
- Thumbprint Birthday Cards by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Nail Art: Easy Geometric Style by LW Vogue