Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post on ways to get motivated to work out is made possible by a review item. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
I totally admit that working out is not my favorite activity in the world. I try to work out regularly so that I stay in shape and don’t gain weight but most times I’d rather be playing Candy Crush or reading a book. Because working out isn’t something I always look forward to, I’ve been trying to find ways to get motivated to work out. After all, summer will be here before you know it. I’d like to actually put on that swimsuit in the bureau once or twice this year.
Ways To Get Motivated To Work Out
- Cut work out clothes. If I am going to exercise, I am going to look good while I’m doing it. Make sure they fit well, support you, breathe and look good. Who says you can’t be glam while working out?
- Good shoes. Get the right shoes for the type of exercise you’re doing. Running shoes aren’t made for walking. Each type of shoe offers different benefits.
- Buddy system. It’s always easier to work out when you have a friend working along with you. You can keep each other accountable.
- Water bottle. A long cold drink of water is one of the best ways to get refreshed and get a burst of energy while working out. I find the ones with the built in straws work best when I’m working out.
- Pump up the tunes. There’s just something about some good music that gets me in the mood to move a little bit more. Make sure when you’re choosing headphones you choose a pair that is made for exercising.
Not all headphones are made for the shock, wear and movement that happens when you exercise. I discovered a new brand of headphones that works with iPod and iPhone called X-1. X-1 Women’s Momentum In-Ear Ultra Light Headphones are made to wear while you’re exercising or working out. They come with 3 pairs of elastoner ear tips (small, medium, and large), a pair of foam ear tips and a pair of tree tip ear tips. This is a huge help for me because the standard ear tips on ear phones are always too large for me. Here are a few more features of the X-1 headphones:
- Weatherproof & sweatproof. You can even rinse them!
- Patent pending retro reflective cable that makes you more visible in low light environments
- 3 button remote with microphone
If using music is one of the ways to get motivated to work out that you enjoy, I definitely recommend the X-1 Women’s Momentum In-Ear Ultra Light Headphones. They are really standing up to constant use in my exercise routine.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.