Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on October 8, 2014 by Ellen Christian
Remember that first day you looked in the mirror and found your first grey hair? I do. I was 27 and had just given birth to my daughter. They say children give you grey hair and in part they are right. As you age, your body changes and those changes result in changes to your hair including grey hair, thinning hair, hair loss and hair damage. Taking the vitamins your hair needs can help promote faster growing, longer, thicker, strong and more vibrant hair even as you age.
8 Vitamins Your Hair Needs and Why
I used to think that as long as I ate relatively healthy and occasionally remembered to take a multi vitamin I was all set. As I’m aging, I realize that isn’t really true. Ideally, we could all get all of the vitamins we need to our food but we don’t. Be honest with yourself, how often do you eat only nutritious, balanced meals? Are you more like me and skip breakfast and instead have a few extra cups of coffee on those busy days? Or maybe you turn to a cold slice of pizza or a donut for breakfast when you’re running late?
Vitamins are basically nutrients we require in small amounts to help our bodies function better. According to a USDA study, most Americans don’t get enough servings of fruits and vegetables a day. I like to think I eat a fairly healthy diet but I know I fall short some days. Because I’m noticing changes in my hair as I age, I’ve been paying more attention to vitamins your hair needs.
- Biotin (vitamin H or coenzyme R) promotes healthy hair growth and protects your hair against dryness. It increases the elasticity of the hair’s cortex and helps prevent breakage. It also helps produce keratin that prevents hair loss.
- Niacin (vitamin B3) promotes scalp circulation.
- Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) prevents hair loss.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant that helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps maintain hair and skin health.
- Vitamin D helps prevent hair shedding which is critical to a voluminous fuller head of hair.
- Vitamin B12 is essential to the formation of healthy red blood cells and helps transport oxygen to the scalp and follicles which is required to sustain hair growth.
- Vitamin B complex nourishes and supports a healthy scalp environment and healthy hair growth.
Deficiencies in these vitamins can lead to hair thinning, hair loss, graying, and weakening of the hair structure.
Before taking Hairfinity Vitamins
After taking Hairfinity Vitamins
Hairfinity Hair Vitamins are formulated with specific nutrients to nourish your hair from the inside out! It contains a unique blend of Hydrolized Collagen MSM and Silica that provides 18 Amino Acids which are the building blocks of the protein that gives hair it’s strength. It also helps maintain the hair’s elasticity and provides sulfur required for healthy collage and keratin which are essential for healthy hair growth. It also contains all eight vitamins your hair needs listed above.
My hair is definitely more healthy now than it was before I began taking them. Check out my before and after photos. I love that my hair has more body and shine now than it did before. I took the Hairfinity Vitamins for about 45 days between these two photos and I can really see a difference.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.