Last Updated on August 24, 2020 by Ellen Christian
These tips to stay active as a family will help keep everyone moving despite hectic schedules. It’s not easy to stay active as a family. When the kids were little, we could just head outside to the yard and play ball or build a snowman in the winter. There was gym class at school every day and recess to run off extra energy. What I wouldn’t do for recess today! This blog post was sponsored by Blue Goji, but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience. #GetUpAndGojiPlay
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Stay Active as a Family
Now that the kids are older, and my work schedule is more hectic than ever, it can be difficult to find time to stay active as a family. Our schedules are all so different. Sarah has college classes during the day and a part-time job at night. David has a job during the day and is with his girlfriend at night. None of us has time to drive to the gym every day.
- Set a good example. Setting a good example is so important. If your kids see you sitting on the couch watching television with a bag of chips, guess what they’ll do? Incorporate regular activity into each day so they can learn from your behavior.
- Set aside one day a week. Set aside one day each week (or two) to head outside as a family. You can go sledding, pick apples, hike a nature trail or go to the beach.
- Walk instead of drive. If you live close enough, walk to the store or school. If not, walk the dog just a little bit longer each day and make it a family togetherness time.
- Challenge each other. Gentle competition can be a great motivator. Who can get the most steps in today? Or do the most sit ups or push ups?
- Be involved. If your kids are on sports teams at school, be involved. Go to the games and help them practice. Throw the ball with them even if you miss every time.
- Make it fun. Make being active as a family fun. Teenagers love technology, so incorporating technology into your workout is a great way to get them interested.
Goji Play is a fun, innovative way to get the family off the couch and to interact with one another. Goji Play a wireless controller with games that you play on your iPhone, iPad and soon Android devices. It turns your treadmill or stationary bike into a fitness game. Since the kids love video games, Goji Play was an easy way to get them into riding the exercise bike. You can also connect it to other types of exercise machines.
You don’t need to be a gamer to use the Goji Play. It’s easy for beginners or fitness experts. There are all sorts of games including fighting, car races,
That Goji Play is suitable for a variety of fitness and gaming levels. I’m partial to Goji Farm and Smash the Blocks and Sarah enjoys Krunch. Follow a few of the tips I included above to stay active as a family including playing the Goji Play!
Goji Play is the perfect Christmas gift for the whole family and it’s very affordable! Take advantage of this special Goji Play 2 special offer of $10 off and free shipping for any Goji Play 2 purchased with the unique code ELLEN10.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.