Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on August 14, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Thank you to Olay for sponsoring today’s post.
I’m 48. It happened a few weeks ago. No, it didn’t really come as a shock. After all, 48 comes after 47. It’s a natural progression. What did come as more of a shock is that 48 is pretty darn close to 50. I’m not fond of 50. To me, 50 sounds old. My parents are 50. OK, they aren’t really. They are in their 70s but in my mind, my parents are always 50. I don’t really feel like I’m almost 50. I don’t really feel much different most of the time than I did when I was in my 30s.
Tips for Looking Younger | Aging Gracefully
I’ve decided that I’m not getting older. I’m aging gracefully. It sounds so much better to me that way. I’ve been searching for tips for looking younger for a while now because I know that 50 is inevitable. I will turn 50 one of these years but I don’t have to look or feel like I have.
- Volumize your hair. Hair loses thickness and body as you age. Many styling products weigh down your hair. To style your hair without weighing it down, switch to a mousse. It will give you the lift you need without weighing your hair down.
- Whiten your teeth. Years of smoking or coffee drinking can stain your teeth. Try a whitener made of baking soda to bring back a more youthful look. When choosing lipstick, choose colors with blue undertones to make teeth appear whiter.
- Choose fitted clothing. Choosing clothes that are too big or do not fit you properly will make you appear older. Jeans with too much stretch can result in a saggy look.
- Get a bra fitting. Bras that are old, loose or don’t offer proper support can make you look 10 pounds heavier. Bras should lift, support and firm to give you a more youthful physique.
- Add color and youthfulness to your outfit with bright scarves, jewelry and accessories.
- Don’t wear “old lady shoes.” Don’t choose shoes with heavy, clunky soles, There are many brands that offer sleek looking shoes even for people with foot or back problems.
- Drink lots of water. I cannot say enough about the benefit of drinking a lot of water each day. It helps you feel better and look better.
- Nails become more brittle as you age. Apply argan oil to your nails and trim then lower if they are brittle. Finish with a coat of navy or dark red polish for a sophisticated, timeless look.
- Do not over-pluck your eyebrows. Thicker brows will make you look younger. Sparse eyebrows make you look older. Brush brows up at a 45 degree angle to make your eyes look more open.
- Moisturize your skin. Skin loses its youthful glow as you age and you may start noticing dark spots. Use a moisturizer that’s made for these issues like Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream.
Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream fades dark spots in just 8 weeks. It’s a tone perfecting cream moisturizer that fades the look of discoloration and brightens, exfoliates and smoothes your skin. It regenerates skin’s appearance to help recapture that healthy-looking youthful luminosity. Just smooth it evenly over your entire cleansed face and neck morning and evening.
I’m aging gracefully thanks to these tips for looking younger. I may not be able to stop 50 from getting here, but I can definitely make sure that I don’t look like I’m 50 for as long as possible.
Olay is a worldwide leader in skincare and has been trusted by women for over 60 years, maintaining its founding philosophy: to maintain a deep understanding of women’s changing needs and to combine products that fit their needs with the latest advances in skincare technology. Regenerist was created along those lines to address women’s anti-aging needs, and millions of women have tried it and loved it, making Regenerist the #1 anti-aging moisturizer.*
*Based on Nielsen data week ending 2/1/14.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.