Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Do you use a probiotic for digestive balance? Do you know why it’s important that you take one each day? My daughter recently came down with a bacterial infection, and the doctor gave her an antibiotic to take. As soon as she came home, I told her that she needed to take a probiotic to keep her digestive system functioning properly. I know this is something that I’ve mentioned to her before, but it’s even more important when taking an antibiotic. This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Align at Sam’s Club.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Probiotic For Digestive Balance
An antibiotic kills both good and bad bacteria to control an infection. It can’t tell the difference between bacteria you need (for digestive balance) and bacteria you don’t need (for an infection). By taking a probiotic, you help your digestive system work properly by maintaining the correct balance. Here are just a few reasons why it’s important to take a probiotic each day.
- Balance the effects of antibiotics. As I shared above, antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria. Taking a probiotic will help return some of the good bacteria to your body to help with digestive balance.
- You may not be getting it in your yogurt. Yogurt in the United States is not required to contain any live cultures, and tests have shown that some yogurt products have a wide range of levels of live bacteria. The delivery of probiotics in either yogurt or fermented milk is limited by the need for cold storage and an associated shorter shelf life.
- They offset the standard American diet. If your diet typically includes processed foods and sugary drinks, the sugar may result in higher than normal amounts of bad bacteria in your digestive system. This can result in irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive issues that probiotics may help with.
- May be beneficial for those that are gluten intolerant. When my daughter was diagnosed as gluten intolerant, her doctor recommended she take a probiotic to help keep her digestive system working properly.
I eat yogurt frequently but had no idea that I might not be getting enough probiotics in the yogurt I eat to maintain a healthy digestive balance. I’m going to be adding Align into my diet for the next two weeks to see how I feel after taking it. I’ll be sharing my results of taking a probiotic for digestive balance with you in a few weeks. Here is what I have learned about Align so far:
- It is a daily gluten-free probiotic supplement that offers 24/7 digestive support*†
- Align is the only probiotic that contains B. infantis 35624, a unique patented probiotic strain that helps*:
-Fortify your digestive system with a unique healthy bacteria 24/7*†
-Promote and support a healthy digestive system
-Maintain digestive balance
- It is the #1 gastroenterologist-recommended†† probiotic
While you’re waiting, head over and enter to win a Sam’s Club Gift Card and learn more about taking Align, a probiotic for digestive balance.
The Sam’s Club® pack of Align® helps you balance your gut* and your budget. The club pack offers a 3-month supply, to help your gut stay balanced for longer. This pack is also a terrific value — members saved up to $100 per year at Sam’s Club**!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
**Based on recommended usage of 1 pill a day. Savings based on vendor calculations using proprietary methodology comparing avg. non-promoted $/unit from a combination of leading U.S. retailers vs. avg. $/unit at Sam’s Club 2 months ending 4/8/16.
†Fortifies your digestive system with good bacteria 24/7 with continued daily use.
††Among gastroenterologists who recommend a brand of probiotic in a Symphony Health Solutions 2014 survey.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.