Last Updated on November 21, 2022 by Ellen Christian
These suggestions for how to throw a Peter Pan party would work wonderfully for a younger child or for anyone who wants to pretend for just a little while longer.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Throw a Peter Pan Party
I tried to keep the costs reasonable for this Peter Pan party. You can make as few or as many of these Peter Pan Birthday Party ideas as you’d like depending on how many people you will have over.
You can purchase decorations for your party if you like. I prefer to make my own or use printables instead.
I framed this free printable pirate map in a frame that was painted bright yellow to match the party colors. If you have younger kids at your party, you can print off these free printables too:
Peter Pan Theme Party Food
- Pirate ship hot dogs. Just fold a sheet of paper over almost in half and put a skewer through the hot dog so it looks like a boat sail.
- Goldfish crackers.
- Sugar cookies. Decorate with frosting or cover with sprinkles to match your color theme.
- Cupcakes. You can top with cupcake toppers or leave them off. My thanks to Ronni at Sassy Girlz for her amazing cupcake frosting help. Check out her site for tons of ideas.
- Bottled water to drink. You can print out these cute bottled water printables in a pirate theme or leave them plain. If you don’t like the waste aspects of bottled water, buy matching re-usable water bottles and decorate those.
- Pirate Pizza. Decorate a store bought pizza to look like a pirate face.
- Tablecloth, plates, and napkins in purple, green and yellow to match the colors in Tinkerbell’s and Peter Pan’s clothes.
- Add seashells near the pirate themed food and glitter near the Tinkerbell themed food.
- You don’t need to dress up but if you do, check out these cute costume ideas. Or, a simple white over-sized t-shirt works for Wendy hunting for treasure.
- Have the kids make their own pirate swords to play with.
- Enjoy a sandbox treasure hunt and let the kids find buried treasure
- Make this cute magic wand to display or as a gift.
Peter Pan Scavenger Hunt
If you’re wondering how to throw a Peter Pan Party, doesn’t a Peter Pan Scavenger Hunt sound like fun? You can buy a cardboard chest and fill it with prizes like gold coins, beaded necklaces, magic wands and pirate swords. Then hide it somewhere on your property and give each child a map. Arm each child with the map and a play lantern and let me follow the clues to find the treasure. It’s best to give each child a unique map so they can find their own mini treasure box. That way everyone has a prize.
There are a number of different Peter Pan and Tinkerbell movies available to watch. I highly recommend Return to Never Land by Disney. If you watched the original Peter Pan, you will remember Wendy. Return to Never Land takes place in London during World War II. Wendy is all grown up now and comforts her children by telling them stories about Peter Pan.
Danny (the youngest boy) believes the stories but Jane (his older sister) does not. Jane is a very practical and logical girl and has problems believing the stories are real. Captain Hook kidnaps Jane, who he thinks is Wendy, because he knows Peter Pan will come to save her. Return to Never Land is the story of Peter’s attempt to save Jane and the problems he has because she does not believe. In the middle of all this, Tinkerbell starts to lose her light and she may lose it permanently if Jane cannot start believing in fairies.
Return to Never Land is available for purchase on Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Pack nationwide beginning August 20, 2013. If you like this post on how to throw a Peter Pan party, follow my Party Ideas board on Pinterest for more ideas.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.