Last Updated on April 15, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to pamper overnight guests
If you’re planning on having overnight guests this holiday season or any time, take a few steps to make them feel welcome and even pampered while they visit with you. I love staying at hotels because I always feel that the room has been prepared just for me. That helps me feel relaxed and pampered because it isn’t something I get at home. You can replicate that same feeling in your own home to give your overnight guests that same feeling.
- Leave a few bottles of water and individually wrapped snacks in their room in case they get hungry before bed or first thing in the morning. Granola bars, dried fruit, chocolates, or small packages of nuts work well for this purpose. If possible, leave a coffee maker along with coffee, tea, sugar, stevia, and powdered milk or creamer.
- Leave a few magazines or books on the nightstand for them to read. If they are new to the area, leave a few pamphlets from local attractions and a map of the area as well. If you have the newspaper delivered, consider letting them read it first.
- Remember to install a night light in the bedroom or guest bathroom so if they wake up in the middle of the night they can see where they’re going. A motion activated night light would be best. The light from a night light will be less bothersome than a light let on in the hallway.
- Make sure that their room has a vase of fresh flowers each morning. This doesn’t have to be expensive if you use flowers picked from your yard. Wildflowers can be beautiful and help to brighten up a room.
- Leave extras of things like deodorant, toothpaste, a toothbrush, hair brush and mouthwash in the bathroom. Tell them not to worry about bringing along toiletries. Traveling with liquids can be a hassle and that is one less thing they need to worry about.
- Create a pampering basket for the bathroom. Add shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a loofah, a few new wash clothes and whatever else you feel will help them relax at the end of a long trip. I created our pampering basket using b-leve shampoo, conditioner, and body wash from Price Chopper. b-leve products are made from natural ingredient extracts, paraben free, hypo-allergenic and gentle formulations. The specific products I added are:
- b-leve b-voluptuous shampoo and conditioner to enhance volume, shine, manageability and hair strength. It contains natural extracts of olive and white tea.
- b-leve b-passionate body wash with Oleofirm and moisture bead technology for extended moisturization. Contains natural extract of safflower, glycerin and Vitamin E.
I’m normally quite picky about what products I use in my hair. My hair tends to be rather limp and fine and needs a lot of attention to make it manageable. The b-leve products worked great for my hair and will definitely be products my overnight guests enjoy too. At prices like these, it would be very easy to add in a body lotion and night cream as well.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.