Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you know how to make caramelized apple topping? If not, you have got to try it. There are apples everywhere that I look: the grocery store, the farm stand, and the trees outside. Of course, that means that they are one of the most affordable fruits to buy and that means my grocery budget is happy.
How to Make Caramelized Apple Topping
When you caramelize something, you cook it until the starches in the food are converted to sugar. This is generally done by cooking the food at high heat. Since fruits are naturally sweet, caramelizing fruit is fairly simple to do. We enjoy caramelized apple topping on pancakes, waffles, yogurt and even ice cream. I enjoy eating it as is but the kids and my husband use it more as a topping.
I received a De’Longhi MultiFry to try out and it has taught me an entirely new way of cooking. MultiFry is an innovative cooking appliance that combines a low-oil fryer with a multi-cooker. You can do just about everything from fried foods like French fries and mozzarella sticks to fish, stews, and ratatouilles. You can even make pizzas, cakes pies, and more! So, of course, I am going to use it to make caramelized apple topping!
You are going to love this delicious Caramelized apple topping as is or over ice cream!
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 3 to 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (NOT margarine)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Remove the paddle from the De'Longhi MultiFry. Add the butter and close the lid. Set the thermostat to position 4. Press the bottom heating element button and press the on/off button.
- Heat the butter until melted and bubbly. Add the apples and cook until lightly brown - about two minutes. Stir part way through.
- Sprinkle the apples evenly with brown sugar. Close the lid and continue to cook, stirring once part way through cooking time, until apples are nicely glazed about 10 minutes.
- Serve over ice cream, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, or enjoy immediately as is.
This is really super easy to make and a much better choice than many of the ice cream toppings you can buy at the store. I love how handy the De’Longhi MultiCooker is because I can do so many different things in it. Learn more about De’Longhi and what they offer today.
Why not try these air fryer baked apples next.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.