Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Heart healthy tips are important for everyone and as I get older, I wish I had paid more attention to them when I was younger. While my heart is healthy right now, I know I need to pay attention to my heart health. Both my mother and my husband have high blood pressure and I know that can affect heart health. There are a number of simple ways that you can work toward having a healthy heart ever day. These small changes do not have to take up a lot of time in your daily routine. I know as a busy mom, I don’t have a lot of extra time in my day.
Heart Healthy Tips
- Find small ways to get exercise. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. Park your car at the end of the parking lot and walk a bit farther. Take a walk around the block on your lunch break. Walk the dog a few steps further each day.
- Make healthier food choices. Use a bit less salt on your food. Grab an apple one day instead of a cookie or a bag of chips. Eat a small scoop of ice cream instead of a big bowl. Add more whole grains to your diet. Choose low fat and low sodium products when you shop.
- Deal with the stress. Stress is not healthy for your heart. Talk to someone, meditate, pray or practice deep breathing to release stress each day.
- Stop smoking. Smokers are twice as likely to have a heart attack than someone that doesn’t smoke.
- Have your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked by your doctor. You may not be aware that you have a problem if you don’t get them checked.
- Make small changes and stick with them. Huge changes may be overwhelming and harder to stick with.
February is American Heart Month and Campbell Soup Company is hoping to inspire women to take better care of their hearts with the “Address Your Heart Kitchen Project.” Their goal is to motivate women to share their stories and make simple heart healthy changes in the kitchen. You can share how you care for your heart for a chance to win a $50,000 kitchen makeover. It’s very simple to enter the contest. You just need to show how you care for your heart in the kitchen. Here is my sample contest submission.
The best advice that I can offer is to make slow and steady progress. I know that I cannot make all of these changes in one day. There are easy ways to eat healthier by choosing high fiber breads and low sodium products that don’t add hours to my kitchen time. I can substitute low fat soups for the heavy cream that some sauce recipes call for. These small changes will help without leaving you feeling overwhelmed.
Follow the steps below and share how you care for your heart to participate in Campbell’s contest and you could win a $50,000 kitchen makeover. Contest Rules & Prize Page.
Step 1: Submit a photo below that shows how you care for your heart
Step 2: Fill out the information required including your name, email address and zip code.
Step 3: Write a short contest entry (up to 200 words) that corresponds with the photo and share how you care for your heart. Please be honest and sincere with all your thoughts and remember to tell us in 200 words or less.
Step 4: Confirm you’ve read the Official Rules.
Step 5: Log in through your Facebook account.
Step 6: Submit your contest entry.
You can share your contest entry on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and visit AddressYourHeart.com for recipes, tips, and downloadable coupons for heart-healthy products from Campbell.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of the Campbell Soup Company’s Address Your Heart initiative. The opinions, text, and images are all mine.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.