Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The last time I got together with my Mom, we were talking about how my sister and I took after different people in our family. Evidently, my sister has my Mother’s thick hair and I have my Grandmother’s. What that really told me was I have fine, thin hair and if I keep taking after my Grandmother, eventually my thin hair will continue to thin. By following these tips for healthy hair, I’m hoping to slow the amount of thinning my hair experiences as I age.
8 Tips for Healthy Hair
When you’re talking about hair, there are a few things to understand. Hair grows from hair follicles. Everyone has about 100,000 hair follicles on their head. We lose a small number of hair follicles each year as we age. How many we lose can be the result of many things including aging, medication, genetics, and immune system disorders. Here are a few tips for healthy hair that I’ve learned:
- Wash your hair in warm, not hot water. Steamy hot water dehydrates your hair and causes it to lose moisture, just like it dries out your skin. It can cause dry, brittle hair that is more likely to break.
- Limit heat styling. Heat from curlers, blow dryers, straighteners and curling irons can damage your hair and make it more prone to breakage. Lower the temperature when possible.
- Watch your diet and get plenty of lean protein. Hair is made up of mostly protein so it’s important to get enough lean protein each day.
- Watch your wet hair. Hair is more fragile when it’s wet. You should never brush your wet hair. Always use a wide tooth comb to be certain your strands don’t snap.
- Wear your hair down. Be careful when putting your hair up that you aren’t pulling it too tightly. Limit ponytails and tight braids.
- Watch the alcohol. Limit use of hair products that contain alcohol. Alcohol will dry out your hair and make it more brittle.
- Limit exposure to the sun. Exposure to UV rays can cause your hair cuticle to weaken and break. Wear a loose fitting hat when you’ll be out in the sun.
- Take a dietary supplement for hair growth. AminoMar™ is an exclusive marine complex that helps to nourish thinning hair and promote existing healthy hair growth from within.
Everyday stress, poor nutrition, age, post-pregnancy and damage caused by the environment and over styling can lead to breakage and excess hair thinning. Viviscal® Extra Strength hair vitamin supplements for women nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth from within. Their 100% drug-free supplements have become the #1 selling hair growth supplement in the US.
I’ve been using Viviscal Extra Strength for several months and have noticed that my hair is healthier. My stylist actually mentioned how fast my hair was growing. I love that Viviscal Extra Strength is 100% drug free.
To celebrate their 25th Anniversary, Viviscal is giving you the chance to win a lifetime supply of Viviscal Extra Strength. Enter now. #Viviscal #ViviscalSweepstakes
Finally, check out my Eufora hair products review.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Viviscal ®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.