In this post, I’ll show you how to make homemade Febreze spray for spring freshness. The house is starting to smell a bit musty and stale, but it’s still too cold outside for me to open up all the windows and air out the rooms. With company coming over for Easter, I want the house to smell fresh without using a room deodorizer with chemicals and artificial fragrances. David and his fiance have been spending the weekends with us, and the room needs some attention before they visit again. It’s very easy to freshen a room in general or things like your couch, throw pillows or curtains using this homemade air freshening spray. This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make Homemade Febreze for Spring Freshness
This homemade spray is very simple to make, and if you use essential oils regularly in your home, you probably have most of the ingredients you need on hand already. The type of essential oil you use is entirely up to you. If you’re looking for a fresh springtime scent, I’d recommend that you use a rose or a lavender essential oil. Lemon, grapefruit or orange would give your home a fresh, clean scent. If you have an area with pets, you might want to try peppermint to discourage pests.
Most air freshening sprays use alcohol as the base with filtered water. We don’t purchase alcohol, and I don’t want it in the house. So, instead, I played around a bit with the original pin as part of our monthly remakes group to come up with a homemade Febreze that uses isopropyl alcohol instead, and it worked perfectly.
- 1 cup of filtered water
- Three teaspoons of isopropyl alcohol
- 3 to 4 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Mix and shake gently.
- Spray on an out of the way spot to test first.
- Store in the refrigerator in between uses.
- Use to freshen blankets, pillows, furniture and drapes.
I’m part of a group of bloggers that remakes pins we find on Pinterest to make them our own. For more fun Pinterest Remakes projects, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Spring Rolls with Black Bean Noodles by Upstate Ramblings
- Easter Oreo Fudge Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Bacon Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze by Day by Day in Our World
- Beef Enchilada Casserole by Just 2 Sisters
- DIY Lavender Hand Soap by Home and Garden Cafe
- Homemade Strawberry Vinegar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bowl by Sincerely Mindy
- Carrot Patch Brownie Bowls by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Easter Eggs Coloring Page Free Printable by Baby Loving Mama
- Simple Italian Pot Roast by The Guavalicious Life