One of the projects I tackled recently was learning how to install a showerhead with hand shower in our shower. Before installing this, we had a traditional showerhead that worked fine, but it didn’t have the water efficiency that we wanted. We are working on a few simple DIY projects this year to make our home a bit more eco-friendly. With an older home, it seems like there are always so many projects that need to be done. Thankfully, I think I’m fairly handy although I wish I knew a lot more than I do. The product was provided for this post.
How to Install a Showerhead with Hand Shower
Having a showerhead with hand shower gives you a lot more options when you’re showering. You can use the showerhead like a traditional showerhead to take a shower, or you can detach the hand shower from the base and use it alone. This hand shower is perfect for rinsing shampoo from a younger child’s hair, giving the dog a bath or rinsing the shaving cream from your legs.
I’m installing the Delta In2ition 5-Function Handshower and Showerhead. I’m a huge fan of Delta projects and have their touch faucet in our kitchen that I installed a few years ago. Installing a showerhead with hand shower is a much easier project than installing a touch faucet. You don’t need any technical knowledge to tackle this one.
- Delta In2ition 5-Function Handshower and Showerhead (you can find it at Home Depot)
- Channel locks or a pipe wrench
- Plumbers’ tape
- Remove the old showerhead. You may need channel locks or a pipe wrench depending on how long it’s been on there.
- Screw on the Delta In2ition 5-Function Handshower and Showerhead shower head. Be certain that there is a gasket in the shower head.
- Place the hose gaskets into the hose nuts on each end of the hose.
- Connect one end of the hose to the shower head and the other end to the hand shower. Tighten by hand.
- Test by turning on the water.
- If water leaks between the shower arm and the showerhead, you may need to run a strip of plumbers’ tape between the two.
There are a number of different ways you can customize the Delta In2ition 5-Function Handshower and Showerhead. You can change the spray modes and direct the spray from the shower head, showerhead and hand shower or hand shower only. There is even a pause button for easy control. It’s super easy to use this with just one hand, and the Touch-clean nozzles make it simple to keep clean.
If you’re trying to save money on your water bill or your electric bill, installing a Delta In2ition 5-Function Handshower and Showerhead is a very simple way to get started. The H2Okinetic® Technology lets you control the speed, movement, and droplet size of the water which creates the feeling of more water while using less. H2Okintetic Technology features an internal system that sculpts water into a unique wave pattern to control speed, movement and droplet size for the feeling of more water without using more.
One of my readers will win their own Delta In2ition 5-Function Handshower and Showerhead.
a Rafflecopter giveaway