This rose scented massage oil is the perfect solution to tired, achy muscles. Years ago, I worked in advertising sales for a large newspaper and ended up with a repetitive motion injury in my shoulder. To this day, when I’ve spent too much time online, my shoulder and arm all the way down to my wrists aches.
How to Make Easy Rose Scented Massage Oil
My husband gives a great shoulder massage that helps quite a bit, but since we generally use a muscle rub I end up smelling like eucalyptus all day. I don’t always need the eucalyptus, sometimes the relaxing shoulder massage does the trick. This easy rose scented massage oil works perfectly for those times.
I began with almond oil because it really helps moisturize dry winter skin. It’s also a sustainable oil because the oils come from the almonds and not the tree. Harvesting the almonds for the almond oil doesn’t damage the tree in any way so it can continue to produce. Almond oil is also a very light oil so it doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy for days after using it.
You can drizzle a bit of this rose scented massage oil in your bath water to moisturize your skin, use it in a romantic massage with your partner, use it as a massage oil for sore muscles or use it to moisturize your face before bed.
- 1/2 cup of almond oil
- 1 rose
- Glass jar with lid
- Pour the almond oil in a glass jar
- Add the rose petals one by one stopping if they all won’t fit under the oil.
- Crush the petals a bit with the back of a spoon.
- Let them sit in the oil for about a week.
- Strain the petals out (or remove by hand) and use the oil as you like.
For more Valentine’s Day fashion, beauty and style ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Rose Petal Bath Salts by The Socialite’s Closet
- Valentine’s Day Outfits for Your Little Sweethearts by The Guavalicious Life
- Dress in Red for Valentine’s Day by Day by Day in Our World
- Valentine’s Day Outfit for Warmer Weather by How Was Your Day?
- Great Nail Polish Shades for Valentine’s Day by Style on Maine
- Kiss Me, Sugar Lips! DIY Sugar Lip Scrub Recipe for Valentine’s Day by Pretty Opinionated
- DIY Trendy Cuff Bracelet For Valentine’s Day by Teen Entertainment Guide
- Easy Rose Scented Massage Oil by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- How to Add a Hint of Red to Your Valentine’s Day Outfit by Jennifer Sikora
- Mad for Buffalo Plaid by Sweet Lil You
- Valentine’s Day Fashion for Moms by Family Focus Blog
- Sexy Valentine’s Day Outfit by April Go Lightly
- Valentine’s Day Nail Ideas That Won’t Break The Bank by Flabby Fashionista