Quick and simple meal ideas are a lifesaver at the end of the day after I’m done working. As much as I love to cook, some days I just do not have the time to spend an hour in the kitchen making a complicated recipe. I want something that is fairly quick to prepare but will still wow my family. They aren’t going to be real impressed if I try to serve them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or a bowl of cereal for dinner as much as I’d like to some nights. I have a few quick and simple meal ideas that I turn to regularly.
Quick and Simple Meal Ideas for Busy Moms
- Subs or hoagies like these delicious baked turkey hoagies. Add tons of fresh veggies for toppings or serve a garden salad along with dinner.
- Quick and simple casseroles (especially ones that use up leftovers). This casserole that uses up leftover turkey is one I want to try soon.
- Breakfast for dinner is very popular in our house and includes eggs, pancakes and waffles.
- Anything in the slow cooker ends up being a huge time saver in my family. Just toss it in that morning and it’s ready at dinner time.
- Family favorite casseroles that are easy to prepare. I recently tried this Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese using Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Three Cheese cooking sauce and it was a huge hit. It took only ten minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Three Cheese cooking sauce
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp chopped garlic in water
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz American cheese loaf, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (2.5 oz) cooked real bacon pieces or bits
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 400F. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- In 3 quart saucepan, heat Recipe Starters cooking sauce, milk and garlic to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta, bacon and bell pepper. Spoon into casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Visit http://goo.gl/H49j3 to download a printable coupon for $.65 off the purchase of 1 can of Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce and try some of these recipes today.
One of my lucky readers will win the prize package pictured above.