One of the reasons that I love Halloween is because it means we have pumpkins again. I love pumpkin everything: pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes. If it has pumpkin in it, I want some!
Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Sometimes, it can be really tempting with all of the Halloween sweets that are available and loading up on pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake won’t do me or my hips any good at all. Thankfully, I can enjoy the yummy pumpkin taste in these Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats without loading up on sugary Halloween treats.
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 2½ cups of water
- 1 cup of milk (soy, almond, regular, etc.)
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Stir and serve!
These Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats are an easy way to have a healthy Halloween breakfast that doesn’t include lots of sugar and food coloring. All you need to do is start it the night before and it will be ready when you wake up.
Keep in mind that this contains no sweetener. You can leave it out if you like which is what I do. You can also add stevia, maple, honey or agave nectar. Try to stay away from sugar and artificial sweeteners to keep it healthy. Top with Greek yogurt and enjoy!
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You