After a lot of running around, I think I am finally just about done preparing for Christmas. I’m done shopping and everything that’s been delivered has been wrapped. I’m waiting on one super slow Amazon order that I hope arrives today. Most of my baking is done and in the freezer. I have a few final things to bake since Christmas dinner is at my home this year. All in all, I’m ahead of time compared to last year. Normally, I am running around on Christmas Eve day picking things up and finishing my wrapping on Christmas Eve.
Peppermint Mocha Latte Recipe
I have decided that since I don’t have to run around like a crazy person today, I am going to take some time to watch some of my favorite Christmas movies on Netflix. This post has been sponsored by Netflix. I am part of the Netflix Stream Team. As a member of the Netflix Stream Team, I get to watch all sorts of fun movies on Netflix. There are so many fun Christmas movies to watch right now. I’ve decided to enjoy my favorite Peppermint Mocha Latte Recipe while I enjoy The Polar Express.
The Polar Express is about a little boy who is starting to wonder if Santa Claus really does exist. He boards a magical train that is heading to the North Pole along with other children. While he is there, he gets a wonderful gift that only people who really still believe can enjoy. This is one of my very favorite Christmas movies.
It’s very easy to make your own Peppermint Mocha Latte. No need to run to the local coffee store. Just start with a tablespoon of cocoa, some sugar or stevia and a drop of peppermint extract.
Add hot coffee and stir. Then pour in the frothed milk. I use a milk frother but you can simply heat the milk in a pan and froth with a whisk. It just takes longer.
Top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane and enjoy!
- 1 cup warmed milk (not boiled) for the froth
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbs sugar or ¼ tsp Stevia
- 1 drop of pure peppermint extract
- Whipped cream or frothed cream or both
- Crushed candy cane
- Put the cocoa powder and stevia/sugar in the bottom of your coffee mug. Add the peppermint extract.
- Pour the hot coffee over it and stir.
- Froth the milk and pour it over the hot coffee.
- Top the coffee with whipped cream and sprinkle on crushed candy canes.
- If you really want to be decadent, drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top.
If you want to share a hot beverage with the kids while you’re watching a Christmas movie, simply leave out the hot coffee and cocoa powder and substitute hot cocoa.
- Mickey’s Magical Christmas
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Stuck on Christmas
- Super WHY: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular
- Dreamworks Holiday Classics
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales
- I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown
- Thomas & Friends: Ultimate Christmas
- Kung Fu Panda: Holiday
- Phineas and Ferb: Christmas Vacation
- Veggie Tales: A Story of Joyful Giving
- The Polar Express
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Jingle All the Way
- Little Brother, Big Trouble
- The Search for Santa Paws
- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups
Which Christmas movie will you be watching while you enjoy this delicious Peppermint Mocha Latte recipe?