This peanut butter pasta recipe is amazing. I’m part of a weekly food blogger challenge where we all get together and make recipes using the same ingredient. This week’s ingredient was peanut butter. I wasn’t really in the mood for a sweet or dessert that used peanut butter so I decided to make this peanut butter pasta recipe instead. I know. The first time I heard peanut butter pasta, I was certain it was going to be awful. Peanut butter and pasta don’t go together. Right? Peanut butter and chocolate or peanut butter and jelly sure but peanut butter pasta? Yes!
Peanut Butter Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- dash of ground ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 scallions, sliced for topping (I used Egyptian Walking Onions from the garden)
- Grated carrot for topping
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Mix the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ground ginger, and garlic in a bowl.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the peanut butter mixture
- Let stand until it is room temperature.
- Place on plates and top with grated carrot and sliced scallions.
The flavors meld together to the pasta doesn’t really taste like peanut butter. It does have a peanut taste to it but the other ingredients really make this something special. It’s very easy to make and takes only a few minutes. Since you serve it cold or at room temperature, this peanut butter pasta recipe is perfect for nights when you are rushed or want to make dinner ahead. If you’re looking for more Thai recipes, try this Thai cookbook (on Amazon).
Now that you have seen my yummy peanut butter pasta recipe for the challenge. Take a look at some of the other peanut butter recipes included this week.