Only a few more days and my son will be home for the summer. Actually, since he’s a senior this year, he’ll be home period. Now, more than ever I need to have options for a quick, healthy breakfast. While there are a few cold cereal brands I buy occasionally, I much prefer to make my own healthy cereal at home. This peanut butter coconut oil granola is one of my favorites.
Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Granola
Peanut butter and coconut are a delicious combination. I made it a little bit healthier by adding coconut oil to the mix as well. Coconut oil has been said to help increase the good cholesterol in your body and who doesn’t need a little bit of that?
- 3½ cups old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup peanut butter, all natural
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup nuts, seeds, raisins, etc.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats and coconut.
- Warm the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a small pan until it melts.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the stand mixer.
- Combine on low until mixed.
- Pour the granola on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread it out a little bit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Check frequently.
- Allow it to cool and then break apart and store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
This is a great healthy breakfast for those days you’re short on time. Add a sliced banana to the top for even more yum. If you enjoy the taste of peanut butter and coconut together, you’ll want to check out a few of the other posts that are part of the Peanut Butter Bash this month.