Paint chip crafts are a great way to get creative without having to spend extra money on craft supplies. My craft supply budget is limited and while I love to create new things, I don’t want to run to the craft store every few days for more supplies. I always seem to have extra paint chips around the house from painting projects that I’ve done in the past. I thought that it would be fun to see what I could make out of the paint chips instead of buying new scrapbook paper.
Paint Chip Crafts
There are a lot of different types of paint chip crafts I could have done. Since making cards is one of my favorite things to do, I wanted to do something that I could use to embellish the front of a note card. I decided to create a flower with the paint chips.
- Paint chips in your choice of colors. At least one should be green.
- Blank note card & envelope
- Glue stick
- Cut 9 hearts out of similar colored paint chips. What size you can make the hearts depends on the type of paint chips you have.
- Glue 6 of the hearts on your blank note card to form the back of the flower.
- Connect three hearts at the point using a brad.
- Glue the 3 connected hearts on top of the 6 glued hearts to form a flower.
- Cut out 3 green pieces in the shape of leaves and glue carefully, tucking under the flower.
- You can write something under the flower or use a piece of ribbon if you prefer.
Have you ever tried to make any paint chip crafts? I love how many different color options there are. Different stores will have different sized paint chips so you can really be quite creative depending on what type of paint chip you have to work with.