Moms don’t get a lot of pampering time most days, at least I don’t. I generally spend most of my time working or running around taking care of everyone else. I’ve decided that for my mental health and overall stress level, I need to start setting aside a few minutes each day just for me. That may mean reading a book or playing a video game. Or, it may mean indulging myself a little bit with this nail pampering DIY. This post has been sponsored by Netflix as part of their #StreamTeam
Nail Pampering DIY
Brushing on a few coats of nail polish once or twice a week is nice but sometimes your nails and hands just need a little bit of attention to look their best. This nail pampering DIY is very easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. You can use it any time of the day but it’s ideal to use right before bed. Just apply and put on white gloves so you don’t stain the sheets.
- 3 drops of lemon or orange essential oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax pellets
- 3 tbsp almond or other carrier oil (like olive or jojoba oil)
- Heat the beeswax pellets in a small bowl over hot water.
- When it is melted, remove from heat and stir in the essential oil until it is well blended.
- Add the carrier oil a little at a time, reheating the beeswax if necessary. Stir.
- Apply the wax to fingers each night, paying particular attention to your cuticles.
- Be certain to wear cotton gloves to bed. In the morning, wash off any remaining.
While you’re enjoying this pampering treatment, take a few moments to kick back and relax with Netflix: