This Littlest Pet Shop Cake Ideas post has been inspired by a product provided for review. This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a few pennies if you click on them. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
If you’re the parent of a little girl, you are definitely familiar with Littlest Pet Shop. Heck my kids are older and I find myself drawn to the cute characters and toys every time I’m in the store. If you have managed to make it this long without hearing about Littlest Pet Shop, you are in for a treat. Littlest Pet Shop is a line of toys and movies that follow the lives of Blythe and her best friends: Zoe the spaniel, Pepper the skunk, Sunil the mongoose, Russell the hedgehog, Penny the panda, Vinnie the gecko and Minka the monkey.
Today, I am sharing with you these Littlest Pet Shop cake ideas so that you can make your own Minka the monkey cake. All of the Littlest Pet Shop characters have the same basic round face. By altering the color of the frosting, the shape of the ears, and the appearance of the eyes, you could easily use this DIY to create any of the characters.
Before you begin this Littlest Pet Shop cake ideas DIY, make sure you put the Littlest pet Shop: Petacular Escapades on the DVD player to set the mood. Blythe and all her friends are back with five episodes for you to enjoy. They will encounter parrots and movie stars and learn to deal with Blythe’s sudden inability to understand the pets! There is even a bonus sing along! Episodes included are:
- Blythe’s Crush
- Dumb Dumbwaiter
- Lights, Camera, Mongoose
- What Did You Say?
- Terriers & Tiaras
If you have a Littlest Pet Shop fan in your home, they will love this movie and the cake as well!
Littlest Pet Shop Cake Ideas DIY
- One box of cake mix & ingredients to make cake per package directions
- One container of pink frosting (or food dye to run white frosting pink)
- 8″ or 9″ round cake pan
- Cupcake pan
- White sprinkles
- Pink sprinkles
- 2 black/purple Necco wafers
- 2 brown M&Ms
- Bake one 8″ or 9″ round cake and at least 2 cupcakes according to package directions. Or make it homemade if you’d rather. Allow to cool completely.
- Dye one container of white frosting pink using food dye or purchase already dyed frosting or dye your own with strawberry juice.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake and two cupcakes with the pink frosting.
- Make two large white circles for the eyes using white sprinkles.
- Place two of the black/purple Necco wafers centered toward the top on top of the white sprinkles.
- Dab a tiny bit of pink frosting on the back of two brown M&M’s to adhere them to the top of the Necco wafer.
- Use pink sprinkles to create a the area around the eyes, nose and mouth. Use icing or red hots to make the nose and mouth.
Littlest Pet Shop Printables
Littlest Pet Shop Printable Coloring Pages