My family and I enjoyed these Grilled Italian Sweet Sausages with Peppers and Onions at our Patriots’ Watch Party last weekend. I wanted to share the recipe with you because it was so easy to cook outside. Since fall is in the air, I want to take advantage of as many grilling days as I possibly can before winter. Football is a great reason to get everyone together for some food and fun. Thank you to Kayem for sponsoring this conversation today.
Grilled Italian Sweet Sausages with Peppers and Onions
My parents have a huge Victorian, so whenever we invite a bunch of people together, we head to their house. While I love my little farmhouse in the woods, it’s not easy to entertain here. Plus, my Dad has a cool grill.
Today, we decided to grill up some sausages from Kayem. It was a hard choice since all of the varieties look amazing, but we decided on the Kayem Artisan Sweet Sausages, Artisan Fire-Roasted Pepperjack Sausages, and Kayem Angus Beef Patties. The Sweet Sausages were perfect to use in my Grilled Italian Sweet Sausages with Peppers and Onions recipe.
While my Dad fired up the grill, we set out the goodie bags that Kayem sent and got the rest of the food ready. In our house, it’s usually the men that handle the grilling and the women that take care of the rest of the food. I think they just want to stay out of the kitchen.
While we prepared this recipe on the grill, you could just as easily make it on the stove inside. I enjoy the taste that grilling gives food, but if it’s winter time and you want to make this, you can make it on the stove.
- 1-2 packages of Kayem Artisan Sweet Sausages
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- Chop the green peppers and onion in large chunks.
- Drizzle olive oil into a cast iron pan.
- Fire up the grill.
- Cook the peppers and onions in the cast iron pan.
- Grill the sausages directly on the grill. They are fully cooked, so it's just a matter of heating them up.
We loved the flavor of all of the Kayem products we got to try. The guys went for the Fire-roasted Pepper Jack Sausages on buns and loved the taste and the Sweet Sausages with Peppers and Onions were a huge hit. Of course, everyone loves cheeseburgers!
We’ll definitely be buying these Kayem products again! Look for them at your local grocery store.
Beginning September 19th through October 9th, visit www.kayem.com/promotions-events/patriots and complete entry form to enter the sweepstakes to win these prizes. One Grand Prize winner will receive:
- Two club seat tickets to the Patriots vs. Seahawks game at Gillette Stadium on 11/13/16
- One VIP parking pass
- Two tickets to the Patriots Official Pre-Game Tailgate Party
- One Authentic Patriots jersey
- A Kayem Grill Kit and twelve (12) coupons good on a FREE package of any Kayem Frank or Sausage up to 20oz
- The opportunity to go on the field before the Patriots vs. Seahawks game on November 13, 2016, and retrieve the tee after kickoff
Three Second Place winners will receive:
- One Kayem Grill Kit
- Twelve coupons good on a FREE package of any Kayem Frank or Sausage up to 20oz
Enter the Sweepstakes to win the Kayem Touchdown prize!: Beginning September 6,, 2016 through January 1, 2017, visit www.kayem.com/promotions-events/Patriots-Touchdown-Sweepstakes and during each weekly entry period complete the form with contact information. Guess which Patriots player will be the first to score a touchdown by crossing over the goal line in the upcoming game and submit the form. Prizes: Sixteen grand prize winners will receive one autographed Patriots Football and twelve Kayem Free Product Coupons
One of my readers will win a Kayem Box O’ Meat!