Fall is the perfect time for this hot chili recipe. As a Gooseberry Patch reviewer, I receive the latest and greatest cookbooks from them each month so that I can share a recipe with you. When I received the 101 Stovetop Suppers cookbook, I knew that this Hunting Cabin Chili recipe was going to be the recipe I prepared. Chili is one of my favorite fall recipes because it can be served so many different ways.
In my home, we serve chili on top of rice. It’s equally as delicious over pasta, with cornbread or topped with corn chips and cheese. I have a friend who likes to eat chili topped with sour cream and chopped scallions. However you like to eat chili, you need to try this Hunting Cabin Chili recipe soon.
Hot Chili Recipe
- 2 to 3 lbs of ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 30 oz can light red kidney beans, drained
- 3 15½ oz cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- ⅛ t hot pepper sauce
- salt to taste
- Brown beef in large soup pot over medium heat; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot.
- If needed, add enough water to just cover ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 to 3 hours until thickened.
For more information about Gooseberry Patch books, please visit these sites:
101 Stovetop Suppers is the perfect cookbook for anyone who finds themselves short on time at dinner time. This cookbook has an entire chapter dedicated to quick and simple recipes. Just a few recipes that I hope to try soon are Pepperoni Tortellini and Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Blondies! The cookbook even includes a section with recipes that can feed a crowd. This is perfect for all those fall and winter family gatherings where you need to bring a dish.