This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
Finding gluten free slow cooker recipes can be a challenge. This Spanish rice recipe is one of my favorite busy night meals. It’s inexpensive, healthy and gluten free which makes it a favorite of mine. This recipe is fairly versatile. You can change it up a bit depending on what you have in the refrigerator. While I used ground beef, you could use ground chicken, turkey or pork instead. You could use sausage or leave the meat out entirely and make it a vegetarian meal. Instead of the tomato sauce, you could use diced tomatoes or chopped tomatoes with added water. If it were summer, I would add in fresh chopped peppers and onions.
Gluten free slow cooker recipe
- 1½ to 2 cups of Clover Valley brown rice
- 2 (15 oz) cans of Clover Valley all natural tomato sauce
- 1 jar of Clover Valley green stuffed olives (1/4 cup chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Clover Valley Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Clover Valley Pepper Jack cheese
- Fry the ground beef and the onion.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Add brown rice, tomato sauce and olives.
- Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours.
- Check frequently, adding water if needed.
- Serve and top with shredded cheese and guacamole if desired.
I found everything that I needed for this gluten free slow cooker recipe except the ground beef and the onion at Dollar General. We have a Dollar General about 10 minutes from our house so it’s very convenient. It was an easy stop on the way home from running errands. If you haven’t already, make sure you like them on Facebook and on Twitter to keep up with all the latest news and find more Dollar General easy meals.