Eggs Benedict recipe with Hollandaise sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoons & 2¼ tsp lemon juice
- ½ pinch ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp water
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp distilled white vinegar
- 4 strips Canadian style bacon
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- To make Hollandaise: Fill the bottom of a double boiler part way with water. Do not let the water touch the top pan. Bring water to simmer. In top pan, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, pepper, Worcestershire sauce & 1 tbsp water.
- Add melted butter to egg yolk mixture 1 tbsp at a time whisking constantly. Add a tsp or two of hot water to thin if necessary. Whisk in salt. Remove from heat and let stand covered until you need it.
- Poach eggs. I use the poachpods to create mine.
- While the eggs are poaching, brown the Canadian bacon in a skillet over medium high heat. Toast the English muffins in a toaster.
- Spread the toasted English muffins with softened butter and put a piece of Canadian bacon on each half. Place the poached egg on top of the bacon. Drizzle the Hollandaise sauce over and top with chives. Serve immediately.