One of my favorite memories from when I was younger is going apple picking. I love everything about it including the smell of fall, climbing up and down the ladder to get the apples and the delicious, crisp taste of your first fall apple. Once you get back from apple picking with your bushel or two of apples, the question starts to be “What the heck am I going to do with all these apples?”
Easy Paleo Apple Butter
Many apple butter recipes use apple cider. Those following the paleo diet try to avoid drinking juices due to the high sugar content and processing. This Paleo Apple Butter recipe doesn’t require apple cider and instead uses apple cider vinegar.
What I love most about this Paleo Apple Butter recipe (besides that it’s good for you) is the fact that I can make it in the slow cooker. I love it when I find things that are good for you don’t take hours to do.
- 3 pounds of apples, your choice of variety
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to taste
- Peel and core the apples.
- Put them in the slow cooker along with the apple cider vinegar.
- Cook on high for three to four hours, stirring occasionally.
- The apples should start to break down into chunks at this point.
- Put them in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Put them back into the slow cooker, add the spices, and cook (uncovered) for about half an hour more.
- It is done when the apple butter starts to get thicker.
If you’re not following the Paleo diet, you can enjoy this on toast for breakfast. It’s great by the spoonful right out of the jar or stirred into plain Greek yogurt.
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Apple Stamp Craft from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World