Disclosure: Product provided.
To me, handmade gifts mean more than store bought gifts. DIY Valentine gifts can be made for your husband, children or whoever that special person is in your life. There is still plenty of time to make something special. You don’t need to resort to the same old box of candy or bouquet of flowers this year. Marty loves candy but he tries to be careful about how much he eats since he is diabetic. We generally choose individually wrapped candies so he can portion out an appropriate sized serving each time rather than be tempted by a huge open box of chocolate.
DIY Valentine Gifts
Of course, I don’t want to just give him a bag of Valentine’s Day candy. That’s not fun or romantic to me. Instead, I started thinking about DIY Valentine gifts that I could create to hold the Valentine candy. Oriental Trading had a white tin box that I decided to upcycle with ribbon, paper and flowers. I turned it into a cute Valentine candy container.
- DIY Purse Tin
- Hot Pink 12×12 Monochrome Paper
- Red/Pink Ribbon Assortment
- Monochromatic Pink Flowers
- Self Adhesive Valentine Pearls and Jewels
- Valentine Candy
- Spray adhesive or other type of adhesive to attach paper to tin
- Measure the paper to fit the tin and cut out. You may need to use two pieces of paper. Just be careful where you match them up.
- Cut out the area around the lock and/or hinges.
- Add another strip of paper and/or coordinating ribbon around the top if you like.
- Decorate with paper flowers, rhinestones, pearls or whatever embellishments you have.
- Decorate the top if you want or leave it plain.
- Fill with candy or other Valentine treats.
You could easily decorate this tin for any season or holiday. I think I may do a “glam/fashion” one for my bedroom to hold nail polish and beauty supplies at some point.