I indulged just a bit too much over the holidays. I’m sure you probably feel the same way. For the most part, I live a healthy lifestyle. I don’t normally eat sweets but who can resist a Christmas cookie or two? Add to that the fact that my sister made us a box of her homemade candies and you can see where I’m coming from.
Apple Cinnamon Detox Water | Detox Water Recipes with Apples
Detox water recipes with apple are beneficial to you for a number of reasons. Apples contain pectin and pectin will bond to the heavy metals in your system which lets them be flushed from your body more easily which in turn helps your liver. Apples also contain antioxidants and flavanoids like Vitamins C and B Complex. To make this detox water even healthier, I’ve added cinnamon to it. Cinnamon is super healthy and helps balance your blood sugar. It’s also an antioxidant and I can always use more of those.
- 2 organic apples
- 2 cinnamon sticks (food grade)
- ice if you want
- Cute the apples into large chunks. Be sure you leave the skin on.
- Fill a Mason jar with chunks of apple, add 1 cinnamon stick and fill with water.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve over ice if you want or drink as is.
Please start with organic apples. You don’t want to be drinking water that has had apples that were sprayed with pesticides floating around in it. When you purchase cinnamon sticks, make sure that you purchase food-grade cinnamon sticks and not cinnamon sticks intended for crafting from the craft store. There is a difference in how they were treated.
You may also like:
- Tips for Staying Paleo and Paleo Approved Snacks
- St. Patrick’s Day History For Kids
- Printable Migraine Tracker
- Blueberry Apple Cider Vinegar Detox